About Me

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Classics



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.

I was never really a huge fan of classics, but recently I slowly started to get into them and the few classics I have read have become amongst my favorites. So yeah ..... classics are a lot better than I thought. A lot of people think of "the Classics" as 'old books', but I think that a more apt description of them is that they are books that endure, are timeless, and whose messages are still pertinent. I'd like to share my top ten classics that I'd like to read soon:

1. To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee


I've had this on my TBR for a couple of years,
 but haven't gotten to it for some reason.

2. 1984 - George Orwell



3. Les Miserables - Victor Hugo


I'd also love to get to this one sometime soon,
 but the number of pages kind of makes me nervous.

4. Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen


This seems like a thickly romantic read.
Probably won't read this anytime soon.

5. The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka


I don't know a lot of people that have read this,
but it seems like something I would love.

6. The Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe


I haven't read a lot of his work, 
but the few that I did read got me hooked, 
since most if not all of his stories and 
poems are creepy and suspenseful.

7. A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens


I kind of became interested in Charles Dickens 
because of a Doctor Who episode and the portrayal 
of his character seemed interesting and complex. 

8. Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky 


I'm trying to mix things up. Why stick to just 
American and English literature. (Besides, my father highly recommended it and he's got excellent taste in literature!)

9. Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck


This seems quite interesting it will 
hopefully be the next classic I read.

10. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte


It's no secret that I always look for the
independent, self-governing protagonists in novels.

I know I'm really kind of behind on classics, but I'm trying to improve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment