About Me

Monday, August 18, 2014

Recommendations: Fairy Tale Retellings

I really enjoy fairytale retellings (fairytales in general), whether it's a book, a movie, or a TV show. So obviously, I'm obsessed with Once Upon A Time (TV Show). Thankfully, they finally set a date for Season 4's premiere: September 28th. To help fill the void in my heart and make time pass faster, I'm going to be reading retellings. I made a list of all the retellings I have on my TBR that I've collected along the way.

1. The Lunar Chronicles, by Marissa Meyer 


I've wanted to start this series for a while now,
but with all the hype surrounding it, I set really high exceptions
for this and you might see why I'm nervous.

2. My Name is Rapunzel, by K. C. Hilton 


I feel badly because Rapunzel is such an underrated
fairytale character (well, a B-Lister). I haven't heard anyone
talk about it, but it seems fun and original.


3. Beastly, by Alex Flinn


 I watched the movie a few times when it first came out
 and really enjoyed it. I hope the book will be just as good.

4. Splintered, by A. G. Howard


Alice in Wonderland has always been my least favorite,
but this series has gotten plenty of positive reviews, so why the heck not.

5. Dorothy Must Die, by Danielle Paige 


ThecWizard of Oz might've been one of the first movies 
I ever watched and until now, I've watched it at least a 100 times. 
I'd like to see the unique twist the author has given it.

6. Second Star, by Alyssa B. Sheinmel


Peter Pan is also one that I don't really care for,
but wouldn't mind. I'm willing to give this a try.

7. Tiger Lily, by Jodi Lynn Anderson


Another Peter Pan retelling.

8. Alice in Zombieland, by Gena Showalter


Alice in Wonderland retelling.

9. Stitching Snow, by R. C. Lewis 


Snow White retelling.

10. Scarlet, by A. C. Gaughen 


I have no memory of ever reading/watching a Robin Hood book/movie,
but this seems like a good book to get me started.

11. The Glass Casket, by McCormick Templeman


Snow White retelling.


12. Sweetly, (Fairytale Retellings #2), by Jackson Pearce


Hansel and Gretel is one of my all-time favorite fairytales. 
I don't know why, but there was always something so captivating and original
about it and every time is just as magical as the first. 
It might be the gingerbread house.


Have you read any of the books I mentioned? Which one(s) do you mostly and strongly recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment