About Me

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

#Booktubeathon - Day One Challenge

OK. So it's day one of Booktube-A-Thon and everythings going great ..... so far. Aside from the reading challenges there are video challenges, but obviously I'm not a booktuber so I'm going to do this a bit differently and make post challenges. Sadly, I have a bit of a tight schedule with reading and extra classes, this might be/will probably be the only one I take part in. Here is the very first challenge:

Show the top three books you read because of booktube.

Most of the books I've recently read ARE because of booktube. 

1. "Teeth", by Hannah Moskowitz, is is a book that I recently read and thoroughly enjoyed. I first (and only) heard Luke from LukeLaneReads rave about this and I had to pick it up (for the merman) and I'm glad I did. It's not exactly a favorite, but I gave it 4.5 stars, as it was perfectly written and clear.


2. "The Book Thief", by Markus Zusak. Historical fiction is usually my least favorite genre - especially when it's about war. I saw one of my good friends reading it, so I asked her about it and she told me a little and how "it's narrated by death," which of course is something that tugged at my curiosity. I tried to pick it up, but couldn't get into it, but then went back and picked it up again after more and more booktubers started talking about it. And that is how "The Book Thief", a historical novel became one of my favorite books.


3. "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl", by Jesse Andrews. I heard Raeleen from padfootandprongs07 reviewing it and it quickly caught on. Then, absolutely everyone was talking about it. I was a bit reluctant to read it because of how similar it sounds to TFiOS, but I finally gave in and read it. Sadly, I didn't enjoy it ..... at all. I usually give books 50 pages before giving up on them, but I kept telling myself it probably gets better as it progresses, if all those people ............., but for me, it never did. I ended up giving it 2 stars. 


I finally realized that just because a lot of people like a book doesn't mean I will and just because a lot of them hate it doesn't mean I will, but I gotta take my chances and give books a chance because one of them might soon become a favorite.


Are there any book that either let you down or surprised you by how good they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment