About Me

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Liebster Award + Liebster Award 2.0

So I've been nominated for two Liebster Awards in ONE MONTH! Which is amazing (and surprising). The first nomination was from Aneta @ Spray Painted Tunnels and the second was from Swathi @ Give Me The Books. So Thank You so much ladies. I truly appreciate it, and sorry this took me so long I've just been so busy lately. Enough babbling, let's cut to the chase! 

Rules To Be Followed By A Liebster Recipient:


  1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
  2. List 11 facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
  4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (You can't nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
  5. Let them know about the nomination, and 
  6. Ask them your 11 questions.

11 Facts About Me:

  1. When I'm not reading, I'm usually catching up on my favorite shows (Sherlock, Teen Wolf, PLL ..... and the list stops nowhere near there.)
  2. I come from a long line of bibliophiles. 
  3. Besides books, I want a sports car for my 18th.
  4. I'm 5'4" but tower over almost everyone I know.
  5. I like Indian food, especially vegetarian. (But I also enjoy Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Italian ..... ). I especially love Dim Sum.
  6. I have a great sense of humor, once you get past the sarcasm.
  7. I also write, and I hope to one day publish.
  8. I'm an only child, but I turned out okay, I guess.
  9. I love animals and have sheltered birds, turtles, tortoises, fish, hamsters, and currently a cat and her four kittens.
  10.  I'm bi-lingual and a half and can also count to 15 in French.
  11. I take great pride in being culturally diverse. 

My Answers to Aneta's Questions:

1. How did books become a part of you? 

I don't recall, but according to my mom, she, my father and grandparents would always buy me books and encourage me to read.

2. Which writer would you accidentally want to meet?
J. K. Rowling. Cheesy, I know, but I would be like, "Oh! I'm sorry for dropping an extra draft of my cool book right in front of you!" It would also be a pleasure to meet Alice Walker or to have met Maya Angelou (may she R.I.P.).

3. "You read fiction? Hmph! Why would you read about witches and zombies and kids with superpowers? What a waste of time." Please comment. I really need an answer. 
You don't like fiction? Umm. LOSER! No offence but why do you care what I read? Anyhow, I won't leave you hanging. I find it amazing that a simple person can create and imagine a complex world with original characters and fit everything in an average of 300 pages. If that's not amazing, I don't know what is. 

4. List top three things you hate.
  • Overhyped books. Don't get me wrong a lot of them are really great books, but they get boring fast when they're constantly being talked about.
  • Waiting for a book's sequel.
  • Pointlessly long books.

5. Which superpower would you like to have? Feel free to invent one.
I'd like to be able to go back and forth in time without messing things up. I'd also like to be able to freeze time.

6. What's your biggest vice?
Overbuying.

7. Which book comes to mind when I say:
a) Swords: The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien 
b) Yuck: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
c) LGBT: City of Bones (Magnus Bane) by Cassandra Clare

8. When you were a baby, what did your parents do to put you to sleep?
They used to swaddle me and rock me in the rocking chair, while rocking out to some lull-a-byes. 

9. If you had to witness the end of the world, how would you prefer it - fire or ice?
I would have to say ice, unless you're a masochist, then whatever rocks your boat, I guess.

10. Which book failed massively to live up to the hype for you? 
The Selection, by Kiera Cass. I found out I don't like books/shows/movies like the Bachelor/Bachelorette. 

11. If you could keep a mythical creature as your (pet?) what would it be? What would you name it?
I would keep a Dragon as a pet even though my mom would probably make me put it up for adoption. I would name it Genevieve (with the French pronunciation) for a girl and Lancelot for a boy. 


My Answers to Swathi's Questions:

1. Book Boyfriend?
Kenji Kishimoto from the Shatter Me series.
Park from Eleanor and Park.
Wesley from The Archived

Why have one when you can have 'em all?

2. Book Girlfriend?
Cassie Sullivan from The 5th Wave.
Katy from Obsidian
June from Legend

3. Hogwarts House?
I'm a Hufflepuff.

4. Favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
Any Harry Potter book/movie.

5. Favorite fictional food?
Chocolate Frog.

6. Preference of book format - e-books vs. paperback vs. hardcover.
I prefer hardcover books. They last longer. And they provide a sense of comfort.

7. What fictional character would you want as a roommate?
Anna from Anna and the French Kiss.

8. Genre that makes you uncomfortable to read/you just don't like it?
Smut. I've never read any, but it just doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

9. Favorite book cover?
I've really been digging the cover of The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson.

10. Favorite snack food?
I love frozen Oreo's, frozen fruits, and frozen chocolate.

11. Favorite fruit/vegetable?
Banana / Celery.

My Questions to the people I nominate:


  1. Make up a book genre. What would you name it? What would it be about?
  2. If you could give books/reading a flavour, what would it be?
  3. Recommend 3 of your favorite books. Why did you chose them?
  4. If you could pick one book to define your personality, what would it be?
  5. In your opinion, what TV show/movie would make a good book?
  6. Who is your favorite villain? And I'm sorry but you can't pick Voldemort.
  7. What book-to-movie would you want to direct? Cast the characters yourself.
  8. What were your favorite books as a kid? If you didn't read as a child, then what were the first books that got you hooked?
  9. Who is your favorite author? Why?
  10. If you could invite 5 authors, dead or alive, to dinner who would you invite? And why?
  11. Poems are really underrated nowadays. What/Who are some of your favorite poems/poets?
Bonus Question: What's a famous bookstore you would love to visit and why?

I nominate:



No comments:

Post a Comment